Daniel W. Dilzell
Phone: (504) 405-3496
Fax: (504) 324-0498
Loyola University, M.A., 2002
LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D., 2000
Southern Methodist University, B.A., 1997
Dan is a litigation attorney who has been with the firm since 2005. Prior to entering private practice, Dan worked at the Louisiana Supreme Court. Prior to joining Jackson & Jackson, Dan practiced at two small and mid-size defense firms representing insurance companies and businesses focusing on auto liability and mass toxic tort defense litigation.
Dan represents injured persons seeking recovery who were victims of auto accidents, work place accidents, and other disabling injuries caused by third parties. Dan also represents disabled persons seeking recovery through worker’s compensation, disability policies, and Social Security Disability/ERISA.
Dan has extensive experience in first party insurance claims for recovery of businesses against their property and casualty, and business interruption insurers. After Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, Gustav and the 2016 Louisiana floods, Dan was instrumental in making full recovery for the firm’s commercial property clients making first party claims against their insurers.
Dan also represents small to mid-sized companies in defending worker’s compensation, longshore/harbor worker’s, auto liability and general liability claims.
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Gulf Fleet Tiger Acquisition, L.L.C.. v. Thoma-Sea Ship Builders, L.L.C., 282 F.R.D. 146 (E.D. La. 2012)
- Kliebert v. Breaud, et al, 134 So.3d 23 (La. App. 5 Cir. 1/31/14)
- Lalla v. Lalla, 68 So.2d 1029 (La. 8/2/2011)
- Magnolia Enterprises, LLC v. Morrison Insurance Agency Inc., et al, 21 So.3d 311 (La. 2009)
- Payne v. Myers, et al, 2009 WL 2511247 (La. App. 4 Cir. 8/7/09)
- Associated Acquisitions, LLC v. Carbone Properties of Audubon, LLC, 962 So.2d 1102 (La. App. 4 Cir. 7/11/07)
- Planetta, et al v. Louisiana Farm Bureau Insurance Company, 2006 WL 3469501 (E.D. La. 2006)
- Duroncelet v. Omni Hotels Management, 2008 WL 3851628 (E.D. La. 2008)
- Vodanovich v. A.P. Green Industries, Inc., et al, 869 So.2d 930 (La. App. 4 Cir. 3/3/04)
- Williams-Evans v. Pelican General Insurance Company, et al, 2005 WL 2114954 (Civil District Court, Parish of Orleans, 3/31/05)