J. Konrad Jackson
Managing Member, New Orleans
Phone: (504) 525-5090
Fax: (504) 324-0498
Loyola University of New Orleans, School of Law, J.D.,1998
Southern Methodist University, B.A., 1995
Konrad is the Managing Member of the New Orleans Office and head of litigation matters for the Firm.
In his 18 year legal career, Konrad has successfully tried and litigated various types of cases to juries, judges, arbitrators, commissions, and administrative bodies in Louisiana and Texas Federal, Louisiana State, Orleans and Jefferson Parishes Municipal, Louisiana Worker’s Compensation, and Longshore Harbor Worker’s Courts. He has litigated and tried matters from Houston, Dallas, and Lake Charles in the West to St. Helena Parish and Tallahassee Florida in the East, from Plaquemine Parish and New Orleans in the South to Shreveport in the North.
From Insurance defense, commercial litigation and collections, contract, bankruptcy, trusts and trustees, securities disputes to transactions, general counsel, and finance/bond work, one of Konrad’s strength is the breadth of his experience in varying matters and how they may or may not interrelate to his client’s immediate goals.
Konrad has successfully represented Insurers, Creditors and Debtors, Broad Line Food Distributors, Trucking Companies, Real Estate Interests, Developers, Shipyards, Asphalt-Concrete Manufacturers, Bourbon Street bars, Climatized Self Storage Interests, Retirement-Hospice and Nursing Homes, Hotels, Accountants, Law Firms, Physicians, Management Companies, and Manufacturers, from closely held and private, to publicly traded companies through his career. Konrad has held roles from general counsel for private and publicly traded companies to aggressively defending and prosecuting individual claims himself.
Konrad has represented clients on appeals at almost every level, from District Court Municipal and Vieux Carre Commission, to worker’s compensation issues, to Louisiana Supreme Court Writs, and the Federal Fifth Circuit.
Konrad has been awarded the Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating for Ethical Standards and ability in Civil Litigation by his peers and opposing counsel every year since 2014.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Eastern, Middle and Western United States District Courts of Louisiana
- Eastern, Middle and Western United States District Bankruptcy Courts of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- State Courts of Louisiana
- Eastern United States District Court of Texas
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Cobb v. Delta Exports, Inc., 847 So.2d 739 (La. App. 3 Cir. 2003)
- West v. Watson, 843 So.2d 565 (La. App. 2 Cir. 2003)
- Kliebert v. Breaud, et al, 134 So.3d 23 (La. App. 5 Cir. 1/31/14)
- Lalla v. Lalla, 68 So.2d 1029 (La. 8/2/2011)
- Magnolia Enterprises, LLC v. Morrison Insurance Agency Inc., et al, 21 So.3d 311 (La. 2009)
- Payne v. Myers, et al, 2009 WL 2511247 (La. App. 4 Cir. 8/7/09)
- Gulf Fleet Tiger Acquisition, L.L.C. v. Thoma-Sea Ship Builders, L.L.C., 282 F.R.D. 146 (E.D. La. 2012)
- West ex rel. West v. Watson, 843 So.2d 565 (La. App. 2 Cir. 9/5/03)
- Planetta, et al v. Louisiana Farm Bureau Insurance Company, 2006 WL 3469501 (E.D. La. 2006)
- Associated Acquisitions, LLC v. Carbone Properties of Audubon, LLC, 962 So.2d 1102 (La. App. 4 Cir. 7/11/07)
- Gulf Fleet Holdings, Inc. v. M/V Gulf Tiger, 444 B.R. 164 (Bankr. W.D. La. 2011)