Scott J. Champagne
Phone: (504) 405-3509
Fax: (504) 324-0498
Tulane University School of Law, J.D., 2016
Louisiana State University, M.B.A., 2008
Louisiana State University, B.A., 2006
Scott is a business attorney in the New Orleans office. Scott joined the firm in 2016 after graduating from Tulane Law School. He became a practicing attorney in 2017.
Scott has experience with business capitalization, mergers and acquisitions, Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities loans, securities fraud, business associations formation and planning, and is an expert in financial statement review and restatement.
Scott represents clients in negotiations to buy and sell assets, acquire equity financing, join strategic partnerships, and enhance working capital through commercial and real estate loans. Scott works with clients’ accounting and finance staff to identify needs and areas of concern in order to structure the appropriate solutions.
Scott has a consulting and investment banking background. After completing his M.B.A. at Louisiana State University in 2008, Scott worked as a consultant for Deloitte & Touché in New York City. He then moved on to Barclays Capital in New York as an analyst for Barclays’ Equity Derivatives Structured Products. In 2013 Scott returned home to commence his studies at Tulane Law School.
In New Orleans, Scott provides support to the litigation team in contract and securities law matters as well as damages calculation and analysis.
Bar & Court Admissions
- Eastern, Middle and Western United States District Courts of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- State Courts of Louisiana
Law School Accomplishments
- Editor Sports Lawyers Journal and Published Contributor
- Founder Tulane Professional Football Negotiation Competition
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Hicks v. PGA Tour: An Examination of Caddies’ Rights and Human Billboards in Sports
- Sports Lawyers Journal Vol. 22